This protein mac and cheese is made within the On the spot Pot with complete wheat noodles, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and a lift of protein from Greek yogurt!
Cottage Cheese Protein Mac and Cheese
On the lookout for a fast and protein-packed dinner thought? You’ll love our protein mac and cheese made proper in your On the spot Pot. It packs in 17g of protein per serving and you’ll even up that quantity by serving it subsequent to a protein!
We love this protein mac and cheese recipe as a result of it’s made with cottage cheese and Greek yogurt for each further protein and creaminess.
PS: there isn’t any roux concerned like basic mac and cheese!
Why you’ll find it irresistible!
Scrumptious mac and cheese recipe
Prepared in half-hour
- Noodles: we’re utilizing a basic macaroni elbow noodle on this recipe, however you could possibly additionally use a complete wheat noodle, too!
- Broth: broth is used rather than water to prepare dinner the noodles within the On the spot Pot so as to add taste.
- Spices: garlic powder, dijon, salt, and pepper are used so as to add taste.
- Cheddar cheese: it wouldn’t be a mac and cheese with out some freshly shredded cheddar cheese!
- Cottage cheese: cottage cheese provides an ideal texture together with extra protein!
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is our secret weapon for further creaminess. Plus it provides a good quantity of protein.
- Heavy cream: this provides a little bit of richness with out going to loopy.
On the spot Pot Duo
On the lookout for a brand new strain cooker? Try 6 Qt. the On the spot Pot Duo. It’s the one we use and love!
Make Protein Mac and Cheese within the On the spot Pot
- Prepare dinner Noodles: add noodles, broth, butter, garlic, dijon, and salt into the On the spot Pot and blend. Seal the On the spot Pot and prepare dinner on excessive strain for five minutes.
- Add cheeses and Greek yogurt: fast launch the On the spot Pot after which take away the lid. Instantly add the cheeses, heavy cream, and Greek yogurt.
- Combine: stir vigorously till the cheeses soften all the way in which.
Cottage cheese not melting?
We’ve some ideas for you in case your cottage cheese isn’t melting.
Add when sizzling: we suggest including the cheeses, heavy cream, and Greek yogurt proper after you open your On the spot Pot in order that the recent noodles can do their job and soften the cheese,
Put the lid again on: merely place the lid again in your On the spot Pot so the steam can get trapped and soften the cheeses.
Use saute operate: shortly flip the saute function on in order that the noodles get sizzling once more to soften the cheese.
Mac and cheese not sufficient to drift your boat? Listed below are some serving options to pair together with your mac!
Retailer leftover protein mac and cheese in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni complete wheat pasta works too!
- 4 cups rooster broth or any broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or complete milk
- ½ teaspoon freshly floor pepper
Ideas & Notes
- All the cheese (together with the cottage cheese) ought to soften simply IF you add the entire components whereas the macaroni is HOT. Don’t wait so as to add the cheese, Greek, and milk as a result of then it might turn out to be grainy.
- If the cottage cheese isn’t melting, activate the saute operate in your instantaneous pot and stir.
- This recipe was barely modified on September 15, 2022. Click on HERE for the unique recipe.
Energy: 316kcal Carbohydrates: 44g Protein: 17g Fats: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g
Pictures: images taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.