Good morning! It’s time to make this stovetop apple cinnamon oatmeal that’s filled with the wonderful flavors of contemporary apples, applesauce and autumn spices.
Go-To Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
‘Tis the season, oatmeal lovers! This apple cinnamon oatmeal brings collectively all of the autumnal flavors of apples, vanilla, cinnamon and maple for the final word stovetop oatmeal recipe.
Why you’ll like it!
Fast and Simple: Whip up a batch of this apple cinnamon oatmeal in 10 minutes on the stovetop. Oatmeal is perhaps the simplest breakfast on the planet to make!
Nice for Meal Prep: Must make breakfast for a complete week? Oatmeal is your woman! You possibly can double, triple, or quadruple most oatmeal recipes, together with this one.
100% Entire Grain: Should you’re seeking to begin your time off with a complete grain, select oatmeal! This apple cinnamon oatmeal is delicate, chewy, and barely nutty…plus 100% good for you.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Elements
- Quaint rolled oats: 1 cup could not look loads of oatmeal, however as soon as it cooks it should increase and grow to be tremendous creamy and fluffy.
- Unsweetened almond milk: any type of milk works for this recipe, however we don’t advocate subbing the milk for water as a result of it actually does assist your oatmeal grow to be extremely creamy.
- Maple syrup: we love the flavour combo of maple and apples, however honey or agave may also work.
- Apple sauce: don’t skip the apple sauce! We favor unsweetened, and it offers this apple cinnamon oatmeal its tremendous apple-y style.
- Vanilla extract: just a little goes a great distance!
- Floor cinnamon: can’t have apple cinnamon oatmeal with out the cinnamon.
- Chia seeds: chia seeds are a traditional oatmeal ingredient at Match Foodie Finds. They add quantity and wholesome fat.
- Minced apple
- Floor cinnamon
- Nut butter
Learn how to Make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
This apple cinnamon oatmeal is as straightforward as 1-2-3!
Mix Elements & Carry to a Boil
Flip warmth all the way down to low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously till oatmeal thickens. Add 1/2 cup extra almond milk and blend once more. Let simmer for 1-2 extra minutes.
Add toppings & Take pleasure in!
High with contemporary apple chunks and a drizzle of nut butter. Take pleasure in!
Newest Oatmeal Recipes
Utilizing Different Forms of Oats
Don’t have rolled oats readily available? Or favor one other number of oats? Nice information is that this apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe additionally works with metal minimize oats and fast cooking oats, you simply must tweak the liquid to oats ratio a bit.
Stovetop Metal Lower Oats
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 cups liquid
Directions: Place 1 cup steel-cut oats and three cups liquid right into a medium pot. Carry to a boil over excessive warmth whereas constantly stirring. Then, scale back warmth to low and let simmer, uncovered, for 20-Half-hour, stirring from time to time. Cook dinner till steel-cut oats are thick and creamy.
Stovetop Fast Cooking Oats
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups liquid
Directions: Place 1 cup quick-cooking oats and a couple of cups liquid right into a medium pot. Carry to a boil over excessive warmth and constantly stir for 1-2 minutes or till oats have thickened.
Oatmeal is just gluten-free if the product is licensed gluten-free that means that it was produced in a 100% gluten-free facility. Whereas oats are naturally gluten-free, oftentimes grains can get cross-contaminated exterior within the fields or within factories with different non-gluten-free grains.
Oatmeal is wholesome as a result of it’s a 100% entire grain, excessive in fiber, low in sugar, and has a superb quantity of protein in it.
Unsweetened almond milk is our go-to for oatmeal, however you should utilize any sort of milk you’d like! Whether or not cashew milk, dairy milk, or oat milk is your go-to, any of those will work simply nice. Or, if you happen to don’t tolerate non-dairy or dairy milks, subbing equal components water on your liquid additionally works, however will lead to a much less creamy oatmeal.
Each bowl of oatmeal deserves to be topped with deliciousness! Listed here are a few of our go-tos:
- nut butter
- nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts)
- extra apple slices
- berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- brown sugar
Let your oatmeal cool fully. Then, switch it right into a glass container and seal. Retailer within the fridge.
How lengthy does oatmeal final within the fridge? Your oatmeal will last as long as 3-5 days relying on what sort of add-ins you utilize. Should you use simply oats and liquid, it ought to last more!
Consider it or not, oatmeal is a wonderful make-ahead breakfast thought. You can also make a double or triple batch without delay after which freeze the remainder for later. Test it out!
- Let oatmeal cool fully.
- Generously spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon cooked oatmeal into every muffin cup, filling all the way in which to the highest.
- Place within the freezer and freeze for at the very least 2 hours or in a single day.
- Take away from the freezer and let sit on the countertop for round 10 minutes to thaw. OR, run sizzling water on the underside of the muffin tin to loosen the oatmeal that method.
- Take away every oatmeal cup from the muffin tin (we use a knife they usually pop proper out) and switch right into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag.
- Take away as a lot air from the bag as potential and seal. Write: Oatmeal on the bag together with the eat by date (3 months from the time you made it) on it as properly.
- Freeze for as much as 3 months.
To thaw, take away 2-3 muffin cups from the freezer and place right into a microwave-safe bowl. Defrost within the microwave for 2-3 minutes after which microwave on excessive for 30-60 seconds or till heat. Add milk as wanted to skinny out the oatmeal if it’s grow to be too thick.
Pictures: photographs taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.