Learn to cook dinner spaghetti squash within the oven with this straightforward baked spaghetti squash recipe.
What’s spaghetti squash?
Spaghetti squash is a vegetable that when baked, has a stringy texture and an look that resembles spaghetti. It has a impartial taste and is comparatively low in energy.
What does spaghetti squash style like?
Spaghetti squash is a mild-tasting squash that has a slight sweetness to it. It’s much less candy than butternut squash however sweeter than a russet potato.
Is spaghetti squash wholesome?
Whereas spaghetti squash is a starchy carb, it’s filled with nutritional vitamins A and C and comprises 2g fiber and 1g protein per serving.
When is spaghetti squash in season?
Spaghetti squash is in season from early fall all through winter. In the event you reside within the US, you’ll be able to doubtless discover spaghetti squash year-round at your native grocery retailer.
Spaghetti Squash Diet
Per 1 cup cubed:
- 31 energy
- 1g fats
- 7g carb
- 2g fiber
- 3g sugar
- 1g protein
What You Want Roasted Spaghetti Squash
Roasting spaghetti squash is genuinely the easiest way to eat spaghetti squash. It cooks completely and it’s really easy to make! Right here’s what you want:
- Spaghetti squash: we used round a 2 lb. spaghetti squash, however any dimension works. Do observe that should you use one thing larger, you’ll doubtless have to roast it longer to get it fork-tender.
- Olive oil: we want olive oil for roasting squash, however it’s also possible to use avocado oil.
- Salt and pepper: salt and pepper are the fundamentals for what we suggest when roasting cooking spaghetti squash within the oven.
Newest Vegetarian Recipes
Bake Spaghetti Squash
- Slice spaghetti squash: first issues first, use an especially sharp knife to slice your spaghetti squash in half scorching dog-style.
- Take away innards: use a spoon to scoop out the innards. Ensure to take away all the seeds and stringy flesh.
- Oil and season: place the spaghetti squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet, flat-side up, and drizzle each halves with olive oil. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast: roast the squash at 400ºF for 20 minutes. Flip the squash over and roast for an additional 20 minutes,
- Let relaxation: take away the squash from the oven and let relaxation for five minutes,
- Fluff: use a fork to “fluff” the spaghetti squash in order that the flesh resembles spaghetti.
Many individuals love to make use of spaghetti squash instead of noodles as a result of it’s a real vegetable as an alternative of a processed pasta. Listed below are some methods you’ll be able to get pleasure from your spaghetti squash:
Use a pointy knife: when slicing your spaghetti squash, make sure that to make use of a pointy knife or it will likely be very tough to chop.
Squash dimension issues: we used a 2 lb. spaghetti squash and 40 minutes was excellent. In the event you use one thing larger, be ready to extend your baking time.
Let relaxation after baking: your squash shall be piping scorching when it comes out of the oven, so make sure that to let it relaxation earlier than forking!
Retailer leftover roasted spaghetti squash in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
To reheat: reheat within the microwave on excessive for 60-90 seconds.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Subsequent, use a big sharp knife to rigorously slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise (hotdog fashion). Take away the innards of the spaghetti squash out with a spoon.
Drizzle about 2 teaspoons of olive oil over every half of the spaghetti squash after which season every half with ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of floor pepper.
Place the spaghetti squash open side-down on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400ºF.
After 20 minutes, flip every half of the spaghetti squash over and bake for an additional 20 minutes. We suggest checking the squash with a fork after 10 minutes to ensure your spaghetti squash isn’t getting mushy. Each oven is completely different so the time might range.
Take away the spaghetti squash from the oven and let it relaxation for five minutes earlier than rigorously “fluffing” the perimeters of the squash with a fork to loosen the spaghetti squash from the pores and skin of the pores and skin.
Serve instantly with a tab of butter, extra olive oil, or a scoop of pesto and revel in.
Ideas & Notes
- We used a 1.75-lb squash for this recipe. The scale of the squash will decide how lengthy you need to bake your squash.
Energy: 204kcal Carbohydrates: 32g Protein: 3g Fats: 10g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 13g
Pictures: images taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.