This quinoa chili recipe is 100% plant-based, but filled with a lot protein, fiber, and veggies! It’s made with quinoa, roasted crimson peppers, beans, and kale for the final word wholesome chili.
Quinoa Chili with Roasted Crimson Peppers
Fall is within the air and in case you’re in search of a hearty, plant-based meal that’s filled with all the great things, then this quinoa chili is a should.
We love this quinoa chili as a result of it’s made with simply 1 pot and also you get so many servings of veggies, protein, and fiber without having so as to add any meat. The flavors are on par with a couple of primary spices and added warmth from jalapeño!
Why you’ll adore it!
You solely want to make use of one pot for this complete meal.
Dinner is prepared in lower than 45 minutes.
Leftovers for days.
Filled with protein, fiber, and veggies.
- Quinoa: no must precook your quinoa for this recipe. You’ll be cooking it proper within the pot.
- Roasted Crimson Pepper: as a part of the crimson sauce on this quinoa chili recipe, you’ll be mixing up a complete jar of roasted crimson peppers!
- Jalapeño: jalapeño provides some warmth, however you possibly can at all times tame it down with inexperienced chiles as a substitute.
- Beans: we used white northern and crimson kidney, however you possibly can actually use 2 cans of no matter beans you will have available.
- Kale: kale provides earthiness and one other veggie.
- Spices: spices required embrace chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. When you’ve got our home made chili seasoning available you should utilize that too!
- Maple syrup: maple syrup is our secret ingredient. Maintain studying to see why.
In nearly all of our chili recipes, we use the identical secret ingredient as a result of it actually brings out the entire heat flavors of the chili. Are you able to guess?
This may sound a bit of odd, however simply belief us.
Learn how to Make Quinoa Chili (fast information)
Make certain to scroll all the best way right down to the recipe card to get the total ingredient checklist and written recipe.
- Mix roasted crimson peppers.
- Cook dinner onion and garlic in olive oil and salt.
- Add the crimson pepper, jalapeño, and quinoa and cook dinner for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the substances.
- Convey to a boil.
- Flip the warmth right down to low and canopy. Let simmer for quarter-hour or till the quinoa is totally cooked.
That is hands-down our favourite Dutch oven. It’s a 6.75 quart enameled forged iron Dutch oven that’s tremendous high-quality and lovely.
Quinoa Chili Add-In Concepts
In the event you’re serious about getting additional fancy with this quinoa chili, be happy so as to add different veggies and flavors. Listed here are some concepts:
- candy potatoes
- russet potatoes
- sizzling sauce
Let the chili cool utterly. Then, switch the chili into an hermetic container and take away as a lot air as doable. Refrigerate for as much as 3-5 days.
To reheat: reheat on excessive within the microwave for 60-90 minutes or till sizzling.
Quinoa Chili with Roasted Crimson Peppers
This nourishing quinoa chili recipe is made with roasted crimson peppers, beans, chili seasoning, and a bit of jalapeño for warmth!
Cook dinner:30 minutes
- 16 oz. jar roasted crimson peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 giant crimson onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium crimson bell pepper chopped into bite-sized items
- 1 giant jalapeño pepper seeded and diced*
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 30 oz. canned nice northern white beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. canned kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt or extra to style
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups chopped kale deboned and packed (optionally available)
Place the jar of roasted crimson peppers (together with any liquid) right into a excessive pace blender and mix till utterly clean. Put aside for later.
Warmth a big Dutch oven or pot over medium/excessive warmth. Add olive oil. When the olive oil is aromatic, add the onion to the pot. Season with salt and let the onion saute for 3-4 minutes after which add the garlic and let it cook dinner for an extra 1 minute.
Add the crimson pepper, jalapeno, and quinoa to the pot and toss with the onion and garlic. Toast the garlic for 3-4 minutes, stirring periodically.
Then, add the pureed roasted crimson peppers, nice northern beans, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and maple syrup to the pot and stir to mix.
Lastly, add the kale, stir once more after which convey the chili to a boil. Flip the warmth to low and canopy. Let the chili simmer for quarter-hour.
Uncover the chili, stir, and permit the chili to cook dinner till the quinoa is totally cooked.
Serve the chili together with your favourite chili toppings and luxuriate in.
Ideas & Notes
- In the event you like spicy chili, add the jalapeno seeds to the chili.
- Be at liberty to omit the kale in case you don’t like greens in your chili.
- In case you are out of kidney beans and nice northern beans, be happy to substitute them with some other bean.
- This recipe was redeveloped and up to date on October 14, 2022. Discover the unique recipe HERE.
Energy: 483kcal Carbohydrates: 84g Protein: 23g Fats: 9g Fiber: 20g Sugar: 13g