There are tons of of recipes for Buddha Bowls on the market however I can guarantee you this one is the perfect. With veggies, brown rice, tofu in a flavour-packed peanut buddha bowl sauce, the last word buddha bowl will turn into your go-to vegetarian dinner recipe!
In case you’re from Toronto and even remotely eager about well being then you will have heard of Recent Eating places. They’re principally a sequence of wholesome/vegetarian eating places throughout town which might be a wholesome foodie’s mecca. The meals is so good that it turns individuals into vegans. Solely barely kidding…
This recipe was 100% impressed by the buddha bowl at Recent. Reality is, I’m truly in love with their buddha sauce. It’s kind of irrelevant what you pour it onto as a result of the goodness is all within the buddha bowl sauce. Right this moment I’m sharing my model!
What’s a buddha bowl?
To be trustworthy, I couldn’t get a definitive reply on why it’s referred to as a buddha bowl! One supply mentioned it’s named for its massive, spherical Buddha stomach form, one other mentioned Martha Stewart coined the time period. What I do know is it’s a bowl meal with grains, tons of veggies, some supply of protein and a dressing. Mainly my dream dinner.
What I really like about my buddha bowl is that I get to select precisely what I would like it to incorporate so in fact I went for broccoli and kale.
The unique buddha bowl from Recent makes use of cucumbers and tomatoes however I’m a inexperienced freak so I gave you a double-whammy of them. However nonetheless, it doesn’t matter what you embrace in it as a result of when you grasp the buddha bowl sauce you’re golden.
The Final Buddha Bowl Sauce
- coconut oil
- pure peanut butter
- rice wine vinegar
- tamari (can even use soy sauce)
- sesame oil
- contemporary ginger
I feel what makes this sauce so good is step one of sauteing the onions and garlic. Whereas it’s an additional step, it brings out such a scrumptious taste!
Then all it’s important to do is mix all the elements till well-combined. This sauce will maintain within the fridge for as much as 1 week so be at liberty to mess around including it to different bowls/elements!
The way to Make a Buddha Bowl:
STEP 1: Prepare dinner Rice
Prepare dinner rice in accordance with bundle directions + put aside.
STEP 2: Prepare dinner Tofu
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Place cubed tofu on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and coat with 1 tbsp coconut oil (chances are you’ll have to soften it). Prime with salt and pepper. Bake tofu for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
STEP 3: Prepare dinner Veggies
In the meantime warmth up a skillet with the opposite tablespoon of coconut oil over medium warmth. Add broccoli florets and 1 tbsp of water. Cowl skillet to steam broccoli for 3 minutes. Add in kale and garlic and toss to coat and prepare dinner till desired texture has been reached (roughly 3-5 minutes).
Are buddha bowls good for you?
Hells to the sure! A meal filled with greens, protein and complete grains? You possibly can’t go improper. In case you’re attempting to chop again in your meat consumption or wish to dabble into vegetarianism, this can be a dinner that may please the lots.
Straightforward Swaps + Substitutions
Allergic to nuts? Swap in sunflower seed butter rather than peanut butter within the buddha bowl sauce or exchange with nut or seed butter of your selecting. For a scrumptious tahini sauce I like to recommend this one.
Don’t like tofu? Exchange with tempeh or if not vegan or vegetarian you should use one other protein supply like rotisserie rooster and even chickpeas!
Don’t like kale or broccoli? Exchange with veggies of your selecting. You’ll want to regulate cooking occasions relying on what veggies you employ however any veggie goes in these buddha bowls. I like candy potatoes and cauliflower as scrumptious substitutes!
Searching for a rice substitute? In case you don’t just like the style of rice or don’t have any readily available you possibly can substitute with a distinct grain of your selecting.
No coconut oil readily available? In case you don’t like coconut oil, are allergic or don’t have any readily available you possibly can exchange with olive oil.
Listed below are different vegetarian dinner recipes to attempt:
The Final Buddha Bowl
There are tens of millions of recipes for Buddha Bowls on the market however I can guarantee you this one is the last word! With veggies, brown rice, tofu in a flavour-packed peanut sauce, the last word buddha bowl will turn into your go-to vegetarian dinner recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: half-hour
- Complete Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups dry brown rice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 block further agency tofu (14 oz), pressed + cubed
- 1 head of broccoli (roughly 2 cups), reduce into florets
- 1/2 head of kale (roughly 4 cups), destemmed and chopped
- 1 massive garlic clove, minced
For the Buddha Sauce*:
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 inch knob of contemporary ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- Prepare dinner rice in accordance with bundle directions
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Place cubed tofu on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and coat with 1 tbsp coconut oil (chances are you’ll have to soften it). Prime with salt and pepper.
- Bake tofu for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
- In the meantime warmth up a skillet with the opposite tablespoon of coconut oil over medium warmth.
- Add broccoli florets and 1 tbsp of water. Cowl skillet to steam broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Add in kale and garlic and toss to coat and prepare dinner till desired texture has been reached (3-5 minutes).
To Make Buddha Sauce:
- Take away broccoli and kale from skillet and put aside. Utilizing the identical skillet add coconut oil and chopped onion and prepare dinner for five minutes or till translucent. Add garlic and prepare dinner for 1 extra minute.
- Add cooked onion and garlic to a blender or meals processor.
- Prime with remaining buddha sauce elements and mix till clean. Add extra water if sauce is just too thick.
To assemble buddha bowls:
- Divide rice between bowls and high with tofu, broccoli and kale.
- Drizzle sauce on high and sprinkle with pink pepper flakes if desired.
*Will maintain in fridge for as much as 1 week.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be a part of 20,000+ members of the THM Neighborhood to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome way of life ideas and behind-the-scenes information from our group!